Three Makes Five

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

1 month, 6 days: It is a smile!

She's got a smile that it seems to me
Reminds me of childhood memories
Where everything
Was as fresh as the bright blue sky
Now and then when I see her face
She takes me away to that
special place
And if I stared too long
I'd probably break down and cry

Sorry for the grautitous quoting of a Guns n Roses song, but it lept to mind looking at this picture.
Esther-Ro (as I've taken to calling her) has a smile like her daddy's smile, so small that you have to question if it's really there. But it is.

Now that she has discovered this new way to arrange her muscles, she practices it quite often. Usually it's pointed towards my nipple as part of that Baby Mind Control thing she does so well.

I replaced the batteries in the swing this morning when I brought her downstairs and was rewarded with the sight of her reaching up trying to grab the toys off the mobile.

She is becoming more and more aware of everything. She was smiling at me tonight and staring cross-eyed and trying to grab my nose. It was cute. I just want to curl up around her and hold her and stare at her constantly, but that impacts my sleep quite negatively.

I think it might be worth it, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home